Environmental Officer’s job spec.
The primary responsibility of the Environmental Officer is to maintain the Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) in good working order. The job involves working as part of the environmental team to coordinate and implement the Company’s environmental strategy.
- WWTP Operation – includes daily monitoring of WWTP – collection of samples, testing samples, taking action if required, housekeeping around WWTP.
- Maintaining all aspects of the Company’s Industrial Emissions Directive Licence.
- Stocktaking monthly and ordering of chemical for the WWTP.
- Monitoring slurry movements from the site – record keeping, training contractors & ensuring compliance with Company licence.
- Daily record keeping in compliance with the Company’s Environmental Management System.
- Compiling data for Annual Environmental Report.
- Deputise for the Environmental Manager when required.
- Assessing and researching any emerging environmental and renewable energy technologies with a view to their suitability.
- Keeping the Company up to date in relation to any new legislation
- Monitoring all waste processes
- Carrying out environmental training as part of the Company’s Licence
- Undertake environmental monitoring, interpret & report on findings.
- Manage sub-contractors and laboratories and review their work.
- Prepare regulatory applications and assist with their implementation.
- Preparing reports for Silver Hill Foods, environmental agencies and government bodies.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Educated to degree level in a relevant environmental discipline or a post-graduate qualification in environmental.
- Candidate should be a high-energy professional with excellent communication, organisation, IT Proficient and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in contribution to the preparation of licence documents
- Manage the implementation of regulatory approvals
- Key attributes also necessary include efficient work methods and ability to work both as part of team and on own initiative.
- Familiarity with applicable environmental legislation and guidance.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Responsibilities for the generation of clear and concise reports
- Full drivers licence an advantage
Working hours per week = 40
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 20th September